Berman & Simmons is recognizing youth leaders who are making our communities brighter by highlighting students advocating for causes they believe in.
We’re looking for Maine students who are actively enrolled in middle or high school and have been going “above and beyond” to promote a cause they’re passionate about. Whether the student is advocating for the environment, equal rights, animals, an issue in their community, or simply finding a way to help others improve their lives, our goal is to showcase their exceptional work, give them a voice to share their passion project, and provide additional resources to help advance their cause.
Nominations for the next awards are due by Friday, March 13.
Nominate a youth leader below and help us spread the word about this opportunity within your networking groups by including this link on your website or in your organization’s online communications (e.g. newsletter, email, etc.): www.bermansimmons.com/youthleaders.
What is the Award?
Two students will receive:
- A $500 educational award for the student’s educational needs
- A $250 sponsorship award for the student’s selected cause or organization
Who Qualifies for the award?
Any Maine student enrolled in middle or high school who is involved in a community project in which she/he displays leadership skills, innovation, and action is eligible. We’re looking for super stars who rise above the crowd with their talents.
What is the Nomination and Selection Process?
1. Nominations can be submitted by completing the nomination form below. Nominations for the next awards are due by Friday, March 13. Anyone is welcome to submit a nomination, and students are even encouraged to nominate themselves if they’re interested in highlighting a cause or project they’re passionate about.
Tips for nominating:
- Provide lots of details about your super star nominee and how they rise above the crowd
- Describe specifics about their achievements and how they make an impact
- Include their unique talents in and out of school
- Highlight their special skills (leadership, ability to take initiative and inspire others, creative thinking, etc.)
2. The Berman & Simmons Youth Leaders Program Committee will review the nominations and select award winners.
Nominate a Youth Leader Today!
For more information, please contact:
Marketing & Business Development Manager
Two students will be selected each quarter in September, December, March, and June by the Berman & Simmons Youth Leaders Program Committee. Each student will receive a $500 educational award (deposit into existing Maine 529 College Savings Plan or college account or select educational supplies) and a $250 sponsorship award provided directly to their cause or organization. Youth Leaders and their advocacy projects will be highlighted on Berman & Simmons’ advertising and marketing platforms, as well as through relevant local media when applicable.