Berman & Simmons is recognizing outstanding youth leaders in Maine who are working to make a difference in our communities and beyond. We want to celebrate our local changemakers and superheros, and support them in their efforts to make positive change in the world.
We’re looking for students who are actively enrolled in a middle or high school in Maine and have been going “above and beyond” to promote a cause they’re passionate about. Whether the student is advocating for an issue in their community or on a more global scale (e.g. the environment, suicide awareness, gun safety, homelessness, food insecurity, the opioid crisis), our goal is to showcase their exceptional work and community engagement, give them a voice to share their passion project, and provide additional resources to help advance their cause.
Learn more about our award recipients:
- Riley Stevenson, Lincoln Academy
- Conrad Gabriel, Deering H.S.
- Dominic Ferry, Thornton Academy
- Zamzam Elmoge, Lewiston High School
- Hope Rubito, Maine Connections Academy
- Isla Wilson, Baxter Academy for Technology and Science
Nominate a youth leader below and help us spread the word about this opportunity within your networking groups by including this link on your website or in your organization’s online communications (e.g. newsletter, email, etc.): www.bermansimmons.com/youthleaders.
What is the Award?
Two students will receive:
- A $500 educational award for the student’s educational needs (deposit into existing Maine 529 College Savings Plan, Education IRA or official college savings account)
- A $250 sponsorship award for the student’s selected cause or non-profit organization
Who Qualifies for the Award?
Any Maine student enrolled in middle or high school who is involved in a community project in which she/he displays leadership skills, innovation, and action is eligible. We’re looking for super stars who rise above the crowd with their talents.
What is the Nomination and Selection Process?
1. Nominations can be submitted by completing the nomination form below. Nominations for the next awards are due by Friday, March 13. Anyone is welcome to submit a nomination, and students are even encouraged to nominate themselves if they’re interested in highlighting a cause or project they’re passionate about.
2. The Berman & Simmons Youth Leaders Program Committee will review the nominations and select award winners.
Tips for Nominating:
- Provide lots of details about your superstar nominee and how they go “above and beyond”
- Describe specifics about their achievements and how they make an impact
- Include their unique talents in and out of school
- Highlight their special skills that make a difference (leadership, ability to take initiative and inspire others, creative thinking, etc.)
Nominate a Youth Leader Today!
For more information, please contact:
Marketing & Business Development Manager
Two students will be selected each quarter in September, December, March, and June by the Berman & Simmons Youth Leaders Program Committee. Each student will receive a $500 educational award (deposit into existing Maine 529 College Savings Plan, Education IRA or official college account) and a $250 sponsorship award provided directly to their cause or non-profit organization. Youth Leaders and their advocacy projects will be highlighted on Berman & Simmons’ advertising and marketing platforms, as well as through relevant local media when applicable.