At Berman & Simmons, our summer associate is treated as an integral part of our team. As a law student, you’ll experience all the responsibilities of a plaintiff’s lawyer — from client intake to trial advocacy. You’ll work alongside the state’s leading personal injury and medical malpractice lawyers. Along with gaining valuable legal skills, you’ll have an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of Maine people who need legal help and representation.
- One 2L law student selected*
- 10-week program in our Lewiston office starting summer 2021
- Hands-on experience such as client meetings, writing and research, trial strategy and preparation, assistance with depositions, mediations, trials, and other proceedings
- Skills training, mentoring, and feedback from Maine’s top trial lawyers
- Large and small group meetings, outings, and opportunities for networking
- Competitive salary
- Excellent writing and legal research capabilities
- Strong communication, organizational, and time-management skills
- Proactive and detail-oriented
- Highly motivated, intellectually curious, and ready to learn and contribute in a challenging, fast-paced work environment
Law Student Interviews
For the 2021 summer position, we will be interviewing University of Maine School of Law students virtually the first week in February.
*As a mid-size firm, our hiring needs vary. Participation in our Summer Associate Program does not guarantee full-time employment.
Berman & Simmons’ policy is to not discriminate by reason of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic pre-disposition, religion, age, ancestry or national origin. We will make reasonable accommodations, including modification of policies and procedures, in appropriate cases for qualified individuals with disabilities if we can do so without undue hardship.