Human Resources and Administrative Director
Berman & Simmons is hiring for a Human Resources and Administrative Director to join their growing firm in Lewiston, Maine. Berman & Simmons is the largest personal injury law firm in Maine with a dedication to helping clients find the strength and direction to move forward. Berman & Simmons was founded in 1914 and includes a team of 17 Attorneys and 60 employees in three locations.
The Human Resources and Administrative Director will serve on the Senior Administrative Team working closely with the Managing Director, Controller, and Marketing Manager and will report directly to the Managing Director. The responsibilities include leading and directing all functions of HR Management including recruitment, employee relations, policy and procedure development, compensation, and compliance as well as working as part of the team leading the firm’s administrative function.
• Partners with the Managing Director to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning
• Manages all employee benefits, including health, dental, HSA, HRA, disability, life, and 401(k) as well as analyzes trends in compensation and benefits;
• Manages the talent acquisition process, including recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with department supervisors to understand skills and competencies required for openings
• Leads the annual performance review process for all employees, creates learning and development opportunities for employee success and oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
• Designs and integrates wellness programs to all employees throughout three offices
• Firm administrative responsibilities include: office policy implementation, coordinating trainings and certifications, planning office and team events, rolling out new database and software systems, assisting with workflow management.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources management
• Experience in professional services or related industry is preferred
• A minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Leadership Management or related field required
• SHRM and/or HRCI certification strongly preferred
• Ability to wear multiple hats by leading all HR functions as well as multiple other responsibilities.
• Proven leadership and team building skills with the ability to gain alliance with management and employees at all levels throughout the organization.
Click here to apply for this position.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE