For the best results, you need the best Maine motorcycle accident lawyers
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Maine, contact us and speak with one of our experienced attorneys. We handle all types of injury claims resulting from motorcycle accidents, with a particular focus on serious injury and wrongful death cases.
Berman & Simmons is widely recognized as the best personal injury lawyers in Maine and among the best in the U.S., having won many of the largest jury verdicts and settlements ever obtained for injured people in Maine. We have recovered $1 billion for our injured clients.
Motorcycle Accident Tips and Tools: What should I do if I’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Maine?
Taking some basic steps after a motorcycle accident can make the difference between a legal claim that fails and one that provides fair compensation for you and your family. Here are some suggestions for first steps.
- First, be sure all parties involved are safe and out of danger. Then move your motorcycle if it is causing a hazard; otherwise, leave it where it is.
- Call 911 to immediately report the accident to the police, even if you think the damage is minor. Stay close to your motorcycle until police arrive.
- Remain calm and polite, but do not apologize or admit fault.
- Gather pertinent information from other driver and any witnesses.
- Photograph motorcycle damage and any visible injuries. Write down your recollections about the event.
- Get the name and badge number of all responding officers, and ask for the police report.
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries, even if you think they are minor.
- Contact an experienced personal injury trial lawyer who specializes in motorcycle accident cases and one who is prepared to win either by settlement or, if necessary, court judgment.
- Report the accident to your insurer. Do not give a signed or recorded statement to your insurer before talking with your lawyer.
- Do not discuss the accident with any representative of the other driver’s insurance company before talking with your lawyer.