Meet Attorney Jack Simmons
Jack has been an active trial lawyer since his admission to the Bar in 1964 and has tried complex medical malpractice cases, all types of tort cases and significant criminal cases. He has been listed in every issue of The Best Lawyers in America under every litigation heading. He has published numerous articles about various aspects of trial law and is the lead author of the definitive text, Maine Tort Law.
In addition to his trial work and his writing, Jack has served as both a member and Chair of the Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the Rules of Evidence and the Rules of Civil Procedure. He is a regular speaker on trial practice at CLE Seminars.
Jack served as the Chair of the Medical-Legal Committee of the Maine State Bar Association for twenty years. He also served on the Board of Governors of the Maine Trial Lawyers Association and has served his community in a variety of positions.
Memberships & Distinctions
- Maine Bar Association (1964 – present)
- Recipient of the ACLU Maine Scolnik Award
- Recipient of the Maine Trial Lawyers Association Legends Award
- Listed in Best Lawyers In America for Litigation in Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Business and Criminal
- Former Member and Chairperson, Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the Rules of Evidence
- Former Member and Chairperson, Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Chair, Medical-Legal Committee of the Maine State Bar Association – 20 years
- Former Member Board of Governors of the Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell*