Whether online, in print, or on TV, we’re proud our important work is routinely featured in Maine’s top news forums. This recap of media coverage during the 3rd quarter of 2022 spotlights the many ways in which we’re helping Mainers find justice and recover compensation after experiencing serious personal injury.
Notable Client Work
Berman & Simmons shareholder Travis Brennan secured a unanimous $5 Million medical malpractice jury verdict for a Bowdoinham man in what was the first civil jury trial in Cumberland County since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. The jury found Mid Coast Hospital of Brunswick, Maine was liable for the medical negligence of BlueWater Emergency Partners of Maine by overlooking the patient’s warning signs, allowing his illness to progress to the point that it caused him to suffer numerous strokes and require 31 days of life support. The medical negligence left the patient with life-altering injuries with which he will struggle for the rest of his life.
- Bangor Daily News: Bowdoinham man awarded $5M after misdiagnosis at hospital clinic
- Maine Public Radio: Bowdoinham man wins $5 million in medical malpractice case
- Newscenter Maine: Bowdoinham man awarded $5M in medical malpractice, negligence suit
- Times Record, Press Herald, and Central Maine Media: Bowdoinham man awarded $5 million in malpractice suit against Brunswick hospital
Attorney Daniel Kagan shared his expertise in product liability and mechanical failures after a child was injured on an amusement park ride. “At my firm, we see thrill ride injuries like this, right here in Maine, year after year, like clockwork…and every one preventable,” Kagan said.
Berman & Simmons represents a 33-year veteran of the U.S. postal service who suffered a dog bite while delivering mail. The complaint claims the homeowners were negligent for failing to control their dangerous dog. The suit was filed on week after National Dog Bite Awareness Week, a program to raise awareness about the threat dogs can pose to postal employees.
- Bangor Daily News: Postal worker sues Bangor couple over injuries from dog bite
Berman & Simmons Managing Director Craig Bramley shares his career path, explains how bringing justice to clients motivates his work, and the value of mentorship in this Q&A on the Business Side of Law.
- Authority Magazine: The Business Side of Law – Craig Bramley of Berman & Simmons
Attorney Susan Faunce talks about how her mother inspired her legal career and what it’s like to be a woman and Korean-American attorney working in Maine in this interview with the Maine Bar Association.
- Maine Bar Association Journal: Q&A with Susan Faunce
Attorney Elizabeth Kayatta is featured in the Boston College Law School alumni magazine for her work representing sexual abuse survivors and participating in trauma-informed lawyering at the firm.
Nine Berman & Simmons attorneys are included in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, four others are included as Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, and attorney Daniel Kagan named 2023 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year.
- Sun Journal + Press Herald: Nine Berman & Simmons lawyers named to 2023 Best Lawyers list