Berman & Simmons is seeking a full-time or part-time Legal Intake Coordinator to help facilitate the intake process from initial screening and pre-qualifying of new leads to providing potential client and case details to the appropriate legal team for review. The Legal Intake Coordinator is an integral member of our legal team as one of the first points of contact for prospective personal injury clients to our firm.
This person is responsible for efficiently handling and processing live phone calls, website inquiries, and referrals related to a wide variety of personal injury, medical malpractice, mass tort, sexual abuse, and defective product cases. They will work closely with the Legal Intake Specialist to respond to potential inquiries in a timely manner while helping improve intake and client acquisition efforts. The Legal Intake Specialist reports to the Marketing and Business Development Manager.
- Provide positive interactions with potential clients while helping them navigate the first step of their personal injury claim.
- Organize, prioritize, and process a high volume of inquiries daily following standard protocols.
- Collect contact information and accurately summarize relevant case-related information using the firms’ intake software and custom database management system. Follow up with potential clients as needed and manage referrals to/from other law firms.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the firm’s specialized practice areas, internal systems, and many nuanced intake procedures.
- Build productive and trusted working relationships with team members of all levels.
- Take on new/different/challenging assignments to meet business needs, as well as handle administrative tasks and special projects as needed.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with patience, empathy, and compassion to ensure a positive interaction with potential clients from various backgrounds and circumstances.
- Strong writing skills and ability to identify key takeaways from conversations to form clear, concise, and cohesive case summaries.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects efficiently, and easily adapt to changing workloads and priorities.
- Experience with data entry; ability to quickly learn new software technologies and multiple systems with limited guidance.
- High level of professionalism, judgment, discretion, responsiveness, and initiative.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but relevant work experience will be considered.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Preference given to those with customer service, call center or crisis hotline experience.
If you would like to join our team and be associated with a firm that is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, please submit your resume and cover letter stating why you want a career in the legal field. Only complete resume packages will be considered.
Carrie L. Bolduc,
Human Resource Manager
Berman & Simmons, P.A.
129 Lisbon Street
Lewiston, ME 04240