Careers at Berman & Simmons
IT Support Assistant
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The IT Support Assistant will provide help desk support to desktop computers, application software, and peripherals including printers, scanners, etc. and break/fix support. Working closely with the IT Manager, the IT Support Assistant will provide assistance to maintain the technical functionality and efficiency of IT Systems owned, operated and maintained by Berman & Simmons and its employees.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical assistance and support to end users
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot approved user and system software applications
- Maintain existing system and asset documentation, and provide updates to IT Manager
- Set up, manage and troubleshoot printers, scanners, and copiers including server software and print drivers
- Install and configure approved operating system(s) on PCs and servers
- Set up, manage and troubleshoot Microsoft updates and antivirus software
- Manage user support issues via help desk system with minimal supervision and escalate to IT Manager when necessary
- Assist in system projects and administrative tasks as requested by the IT Manager
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot approved user hardware
- Set up and support remote access to firm technologies from internal and external user devices
- Become proficient with specialized firm software, including SQL database, trial presentation software, etc.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- College degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Two or more years of relevant experience required
- Experience in a Windows server/terminal services environment is preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft server technologies such as Active Directory, DHCP, FTP, Exchange Server, etc. is preferred
- Must be well-organized, have good time management skills, and have strong attention to detail
- Must work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Must be a creative thinker with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be calm, patient, and friendly to internal staff and external vendors
- Must have reliable transportation for traveling to firm offices, as needed, and a valid Maine driver’s license
- Some weekend and evening work required with advanced notice or in support of emergencies
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and college transcripts. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
Berman & Simmons, P.A.
129 Lisbon Street
Lewiston, ME 04240