Berman & Simmons is widely recognized as the best personal injury lawyers in Maine and among the best in the U.S.
We have obtained several of the largest medical malpractice jury verdicts in Maine history, and many of the largest settlements for our clients. Our attorneys are extremely knowledgeable about dental medicine and skilled at proving fault, documenting the extent of your injuries, and ensuring that you receive full compensation. We have recovered $1 billion for our injured clients.
What are some common types of dental malpractice?
Malpractice claims are most often seen in the fields of prosthodontics (involving tooth replacement), endodontics (involving the insides of teeth), and restorative dentistry (involving veneers, fillings, and similar treatments). Here are common types of dental malpractice.
- Unnecessary cosmetic or dental procedures or surgery
- Failure to detect periodontal disease
- Failure to diagnose oral cancer
- Errors causing nerve damage to face, lips, jaw, or tongue
- Improper sterilization of instruments and equipment
- Improper administration of anesthetics
- Errors in performing root canals
- Failing to diagnose or properly treat infections
- Other injuries to patients
No other firm in Maine can match our resources and expertise
No other firm in Maine can match the depth of our expertise and the resources we use to bring these complex cases to a successful conclusion. We pride ourselves in taking on and winning cases that other lawyers have turned down because they knew how challenging, costly, and time-consuming the case will be or they didn’t have the experience, expertise, and resources to identify the malpractice.
Maine has strict statutes of limitations for the filing a dental malpractice complaint. This is another reason why it is critical to consult with us as soon as possible if you think you might be a victim of dental malpractice.