If you were harmed by Xarelto, let us be your advocate
Xarelto (rivaroxaban) was approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2011 after a fast-track regulatory review, despite the fact that some of the agency’s own scientists had concerns about its safety.
The drug, made by Bayer and marketed by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, is a blood thinner designed to prevent blood clots and reduce the risk of stroke. It was initially approved to treat patients who have had knee or hip replacement surgery, and is also used to treat people with atrial fibrillation. Xarelto is approved for general treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE).
Xarelto has been linked to uncontrolled internal bleeding and other serious health issues including stroke, pulmonary embolism, and brain hemorrhage. Since there is no antidote for Xarelto, bleeding events can cause serious injury or death.
Working in collaboration with other national law firms, Berman & Simmons is handling claims involving people who took Xarelto and suffered complications. There are strict statutes of limitations in dangerous drug cases, so it’s important to get in touch with us as soon as possible if you believe you have a Maine Xarelto lawsuit.
Call 207-784-3576 for a free consultation.
For Xarelto lawsuits, talk with a local Maine law firm you can trust
If you, a family member or someone you know has been harmed by complications caused by Xarelto, a lawyer at Berman & Simmons can help. We have the expertise and resources to make sure you receive full compensation for the harm done to you, and to hold manufacturers accountable for their actions.
Call 207-784-3576 for a free consultation. You pay nothing unless we win by settlement or jury verdict.
We’re proud to be the trusted firm in Maine for people who have been seriously injured, and families that have suffered losses, through no fault of their own. We are recognized as the best personal injury and medical malpractice law firm in Maine and among the best in the U.S. We have obtained several of the largest jury verdicts in Maine history, and many of the largest settlements for our clients.
Bleeding events associated with Xarelto
Uncontrolled internal bleeding can happen in any part of the body when a person is taking Xarelto. This can cause hospitalization and long-term health problems. Our lawyers can help you recover money for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
What compensation can I receive if I was harmed by Xarelto?
Under state and federal law, victims of dangerous drugs have the right to recover financial damages for various categories of loss, including:
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress, past and future
- Interference with your enjoyment of life
- Medical expenses, past and future
- Time lost from work
- Loss of future earnings
- Wrongful death damages (for the estate)
FDA warnings associated with Xarelto
- FDA label addition from February 2014 – This label addition indicates that Xarelto may carry an increased risk of bleeding in some patients with poorly functioning kidneys.
- FDA warning from August 2013 – This warning indicates that the risk of blood clots increases when Xarelto is stopped suddenly or prematurely.
- FDA warning from November 2011 – This warning indicates that “discontinuing Xarelto in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation increases the risk of stroke, and spinal/epidural hematoma.” It also warns that an antidote for Xarelto is not available, increasing the risks associated with bleeding events.
LET US HELP YOU WIN
Call 207-784-3576 for a free consultation and to learn more about your legal rights. Back to Top