Lowering blood sugar and increasing insulin levels are critical for individuals with type 2 diabetes. Unfortunately, many popular medications used to control type 2 diabetes have been linked to severe and sometimes fatal health complications.
These FDA-approved drugs, known as SGLT2 inhibitors, lower blood sugar by causing the kidneys to remove sugar from the body through the urine. They remain on the market and millions of Americans take them every day. But these drugs have been under scrutiny by the FDA and other experts for their connection to conditions such as diabetic ketoacidosis, heart attacks, kidney damage, severe genital infection, and other problems.
Reach out to Maine’s leading personal injury law firm for answers, help, and your best chance of obtaining maximum compensation
If you take, or used to take, any of the following SGLT2 inhibitor medications and suffered health problems as a result, you may have a claim for compensation:
- Invokana (active ingredient: canagliflozin);
- Invokamet (active ingredients: canagliflozin and metformin);
- Farxiga (active ingredient: dapagliflozin);
- Xigduo XR (active ingredients: dapagliflozin and metformin HCL extended-release)
- Jardiance (active ingredient: empagliflozin);
- Glyxambi (active ingredients: empagliflozin and linagliptin);
- Synjardy (active ingredients: empagliflozin and metformin).