LEWISTON, Maine, Aug. 15, 2016 – Berman & Simmons, the top ranked law firm in Maine for representation of plaintiffs in civil cases, announced today that six of its attorneys have been selected for the Best Lawyers in America® 2017 directory.
In addition, attorney Benjamin Gideon was named a Maine “Lawyer of the Year” for product liability litigation for plaintiffs.
The Berman & Simmons attorneys earning individual recognition were:
- Benjamin Gideon of Freeport for Civil Rights Law, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, and Product Liability
- Daniel Kagan of Freeport for Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury and Product Liability
- Jodi Nofsinger of Portland for Medical Malpractice
- Steven Silin of Freeport for Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury
- Julian Sweet of Portland for Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury
- Jack Simmons, a Falmouth resident who is of counsel at Berman & Simmons, was recognized for Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Product Liability, Commercial Litigation, and Bet-the-Company Litigation.
Less than 5 percent of all lawyers in the nation are recognized by Best Lawyers, which was first published in 1983. The annual listings are based on extensive peer and client surveys. Lawyers are not allowed to pay a fee to be included, and the listings are recognized as a trusted source for referrals within the industry. Attorneys Silin and Sweet have been recognized by Best Lawyers each year for more than 20 years, demonstrating the firm’s consistent record for excellence over time.
Best Lawyers and US News & World Report also publish an annual listing of the “Best Law Firms.” That publication has recognized Berman & Simmons several times, including the 2016 report, as a national first-tier firm in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and general litigation.