Whether online, in print, or on TV, we’re proud our important work is routinely featured in Maine’s top news forums. This recap of media coverage during the 4th quarter of 2021 spotlights the many ways in which we’re helping Mainers find justice and recover compensation after experiencing serious personal injury.
This fall Berman & Simmons welcomed nationally renowned attorney Chuck Hehmeyer to the firm.
Berman & Simmons attorneys continue to volunteer their time and knowledge with community partners.
Berman & Simmons was named to the “2022 Best Law Firms” by the U.S. News – Best Lawyers rankings
Notable Client Work
On the second anniversary of the fatal explosion at the Farmington LEAP building, a team of Berman & Simmons attorneys representing Larry Lord and his wife, led by attorney Steven Silin, quietly settled civil claims related to the disaster.
- Sun Journal, Press Herald, Kennebec Journal: Farmington firefighters and Capt. Michael Bell’s estate settle lawsuit linked to LEAP building explosion
- Newscenter Maine Farmington explosion lawsuit settled, victims and families hope for closure
Ongoing coverage of survivors of child sexual abuse who are pursuing civil justice includes expert commentary about changes in Maine law by attorney Michael Bigos as well as publicity of certain client cases.
- WABI-TV Maine’s statute of limitations for cases of childhood sexual abuse lifted Monday
- WGME-TV New Maine Law Allows Child Sex Abuse surivors to bring civil claims no matter how old
- Portland Press Herald Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse Can Now Come Forward
- Newscenter Maine Maine child sex abuse survivors can now get their day in court
- Bangor Daily News Woman alleges sexual abuse by Jehovah’s Witness elder in Rockport
- Village Soup Lawsuit alleges church elder sexually abused youth