Securing full compensation for motorcycle accident victims in Maine
More than 4,000 motorcyclists are killed each year, and nearly 100,000 more are injured in crashes on America’s roadways. Motorcyclists are more than 20 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash, and five times more likely to be injured, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
While motorcyclists are often blamed for the injuries they suffer, the fact is that in most crashes they are not the ones at fault. More often, they are struck by car and truck drivers who fail to control their vehicles and respect motorcyclists’ rights to be on the roadways.
The motorcycle accident attorneys at Berman & Simmons support your right to ride. We are experts in the laws that protect motorcyclists and we understand the unique hazards that you face, because we have successfully represented hundreds of motorcyclists who have been seriously injured in crashes in Maine.
Call 207-784-3576 for a free consultation.
For the best results, you need the best Maine motorcycle accident lawyers
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Maine, contact us and speak with one of our experienced attorneys. We handle all types of injury claims resulting from motorcycle accidents, with a particular focus on serious injury and wrongful death cases.
Berman & Simmons is widely recognized as the best personal injury lawyers in Maine and among the best in the U.S., having won many of the largest jury verdicts and settlements ever obtained for injured people in Maine. We have recovered $1 billion for our injured clients.
Call 207-784-3576 for a free consultation. You pay nothing unless we win by settlement or jury verdict.
A law firm that actually listens to you
We have helped countless victims who have been harmed in motorcycle accidents and we understand the challenges you face. We realize that beyond the physical struggles, the emotional and financial impacts can be overwhelming.
Our lawyers and staff members take the time to listen to you, understand your concerns, and come up with solutions that can make your life better, including obtaining payment for or deferral of your debts until your case is resolved.
LET US HELP YOU WIN
Call 207-784-3576 for a free consultation and to learn more about your legal rights.
Motorcycle Accident Tips and Tools: What should I do if I’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Maine?
Taking some basic steps after a motorcycle accident can make the difference between a legal claim that fails and one that provides fair compensation for you and your family. Here are some suggestions for first steps.
Back to Top
- First, be sure all parties involved are safe and out of danger. Then move your motorcycle if it is causing a hazard; otherwise leave it where it is.
- Call 911 to immediately report the accident to police, even if you think the damage is minor. Stay close to your motorcycle until police arrive.
- Remain calm and polite, but do not apologize or admit fault.
- Gather pertinent information from other driver and any witnesses.
- Photograph motorcycle damage and any visible injuries. Write down your recollections about the event.
- Get the name and badge number of all responding officers, and ask for police report.
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries, even if you think they are minor.
- Contact an experienced personal injury trial lawyer who specializes in motorcycle accident cases and one who is prepared to win either by settlement or, if necessary, court judgment.
- Report the accident to your insurer. Do not give a signed or recorded statement to your insurer before talking with your lawyer.
- Do not discuss the accident with any representative of the other driver’s insurance company before talking with your lawyer.