LEWISTON, Maine, June 11, 2015 - Berman & Simmons has once again been ranked by Chambers USA as the best law firm in Maine for the representation of plaintiffs.
The firm was the only one in the state to be ranked in the ‘Litigation: Mainly Plaintiff’ practice area by Chambers, the London-based publisher of global law firm rankings, in its 2015 Chambers USA directory.
Additionally, Chambers selected only seven individual lawyers in Maine for recognition as outstanding lawyers for plaintiffs. Four of the seven are from Berman & Simmons. The rankings reflect the law firm’s longstanding reputation as the dominant firm in Maine for personal injury and medical malpractice cases. Based in Lewiston, the law firm has three regional offices and serves clients throughout Maine.
“Berman & Simmons is committed to providing the highest level of service to our clients from the first meeting through jury verdict,” said Craig Bramley, Managing Director of the firm, which celebrated its 100th anniversary last year. “These rankings reflect that our attorneys have the skill to achieve outstanding results at trial in the most complex and challenging cases. We’re proud that Chambers recognizes the diligence, professionalism and collaboration that our team brings to the table.”
Silin and Sweet were recognized as ‘Band 1’ lawyers, the highest possible ranking, in both the ‘Medical Malpractice’ and ‘Mainly Plaintiff’ categories. Nofsinger and Gideon were recognized in the ‘Medical Malpractice’ and ‘Mainly Plaintiff’ categories. Simmons was honored as a ‘Senior Statesman,’ whose work has been pivotal to the firm’s success.
Here are some of the comments made by sources about the Berman & Simmons lawyers, and noted by Chambers USA:
- Steven Silin: "He is extremely well respected by other lawyers. He is just an excellent lawyer and he is incredibly smart.”
- Julian Sweet: "He is brilliant. He is a terrific lawyer and is very smart, very thorough and does a great job for his clients."
- Benjamin Gideon: “Smart and knowledgeable.” "I think very highly of him. He is a very good lawyer."
- Jodi Nofsinger: “Amazing.” "She is excellent. She is knowledgeable, practical, easy to work with and vigorously represents her client."
- Jack Simmons: “A highly regarded statesman of the Maine Bar."