Berman & Simmons is seeking a Legal Intake Specialist to build and oversee our firm’s Intake department. The Legal Intake Specialist is an integral member of our legal team as one of the first points of contact for prospective personal injury clients to our firm.
This person is responsible for efficiently handling and processing live phone calls, website inquiries, and referrals related to a wide variety of personal injury, medical malpractice, mass tort, sexual abuse, and defective product cases. In addition, the Legal Intake Specialist will be involved in training, reporting, documentation, quality assurance, and establishing best practices to ensure the department is running smoothly.
They will work closely with and direct the daily work of the Legal Intake Coordinator. The will also work closely with other legal teams to respond to potential inquiries in a timely manner while taking the lead in improving intake and client acquisition efforts. The Legal Intake Specialist reports to the Marketing and Business Development Manager.
Provide positive interactions with potential clients while helping them navigate the first step of their personal injury claim.
Organize, prioritize, and process inquiries daily following standard protocols from initial screening and pre-qualifying of new leads to providing potential client and case details to the appropriate legal team for review.
Collect contact information and accurately summarize relevant case-related information using the firms’ intake software and custom database management system. Follow up with potential clients as needed and manage referrals to/from other law firms.
Develop a thorough understanding of the firm’s specialized practice areas, internal systems, and many nuanced intake procedures.
Oversee the Intake Department and supervise the Legal Intake Coordinator.
Create Intake training materials and standard operating procedures to improve workflow
Provide initial and ongoing Intake training and call monitoring to ensure procedures and best practices are consistently being followed.
Prepare a variety of weekly/monthly reports and provide data analysis.
Build productive and trusted working relationships with team members of all levels.
Take on new/different/challenging assignments to meet business needs, as well as handle administrative tasks and special projects as needed.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and project management skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with patience, empathy, and compassion to ensure a positive interaction with potential clients from various backgrounds and circumstances.
- Strong writing skills and ability to identify key takeaways from conversations to form clear, concise, and cohesive case summaries.
- Computer and technology aptitude with strong analytical and reasoning skills to understand how data interrelates and be able to follow logical progression of process; ability to quickly learn and teach new software technologies and multiple systems.
- High level of professionalism, judgment, discretion, decision-making, and initiative.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but relevant work experience will be considered.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience managing systems and data
- Preference given to those with customer service, call center or crisis hotline experience.
If you would like to join our team and be associated with a firm that is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, please submit your resume and cover letter stating why you want a career in the legal field. Only complete resume packages will be considered.
Carrie L. Bolduc,
Human Resource Manager
Berman & Simmons, P.A.
129 Lisbon Street
Lewiston, ME 04240