The Legal Intake Specialist is an integral member of our legal team as the first point of contact for prospective clients to our firm. The primary function of this role is to screen incoming leads (both direct and referred), pre-qualify potential clients and provide details to the appropriate legal team for review. The Intake Specialist creates an atmosphere of professionalism and warmth, while maintaining a calm attitude for prospective clients.
This person is responsible for handling phone and website inquiries related to potential personal injury, medical malpractice, and defective product cases, as well as matters associated with sexual abuse involving individual perpetrators or institutions. They work closely with attorneys and senior management to support firm goals. This person also works with the Marketing and Business Development Manager to track, analyze, and report call data and specific online client acquisition efforts.
- Daily interaction with potential clients via telephone and website inquires, and occasional direct walk-ins; assist them in navigating the first step of their personal injury claim.
- Collect and accurately summarize relevant case-related information using the firm’s intake and lead tracking software/database while positively engaging the prospective client.
- Review incoming leads for potential conflict of interest according to firm policy and refer cases out as needed.
- Identify urgent issues and escalate as needed.
- Timely follow-up with potential clients to increase conversion rate.
- Maintain daily/monthly/yearly reports to identify call results and trends and work with senior management on other administrative tasks
- Special projects as needed.
- Outstanding customer service and ability to communicate with empathy to ensure a positive interaction in challenging or crisis situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and control the conversation with potential clients from various backgrounds and circumstances, and with those who may have experienced catastrophic injuries and/or devastating loss.
- Strong writing capabilities with ability to take notes and form a cohesive narrative.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills.
- Technically savvy with excellent analytical and reasoning skills, understand how data interrelates, and be able to follow logical progression of process.
- Strong critical thinking skills to evaluate conflict scenarios or outcomes.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects efficiently, and adapt to changing workloads and priorities.
- Proficient in data entry and Microsoft Office; ability to learn new software technologies.
- High level of professionalism, judgment, discretion, responsiveness, and initiative.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but relevant work experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with potential clients of varying backgrounds and circumstances.
- Preference given to those with call center or crisis hotline experience.
If you would like to join our team and be associated with a firm that is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, please submit your resume and cover letter stating why you want a career in the legal field. Only complete resume packages will be considered.
Carrie L. Bolduc,
Human Resource Manager
Berman & Simmons, P.A.
129 Lisbon Street
Lewiston, ME 04240