Berman & Simmons, P.A., a busy litigation law firm in Lewiston, has an immediate opening for an energetic and personable Legal Assistant in its Lewiston office. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience in a law firm setting and knowledge of the Maine court system. This position will support a busy team handling personal injury law. Superior clerical and writing skills, scheduling, and an appreciation of outstanding customer service are essential for success. This position is full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the Lewiston office.
- Prior experience as a paralegal or legal secretary
- Strong English, grammatical and writing skills
- Organization and file management
- Attention to detail
- Experience in scheduling client appointments
- Mediations and depositions
- Professional attitude
- Ability to multi-task in a busy law practice
- A bachelor’s degree in English, History, or related field
New or recent college graduates with a strong interest in a paraprofessional career will also be considered. Employee must have a high level of technical & computer skills in Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Pro, OneDrive and Excel, and learn other programs quickly.
We offer an excellent wage and benefit package:
- Paid health, dental & life insurance
- Disability Coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Paid parking
- Paid time off
If you would like to join our team and be associated with a firm that is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, please submit your resume and cover letter stating why you want a career in the legal field. Only complete resume packages will be considered.
Carrie L. Bolduc,
Human Resource Manager
Berman & Simmons, P.A.
129 Lisbon Street
Lewiston, ME 04240