Berman & Simmons, P.A., a busy litigation law firm in Maine is currently seeking an Intake Specialist. The Intake Coordinator is an integral member of our legal team as the first point of contact for prospective clients to our firm. The primary function of this role is to screen incoming leads (both direct and referred), pre-qualify potential new clients, and provide personal injury/accident details to the appropriate legal team for review.
This person is responsible for handling phone and website inquiries related to potential personal injury, defective product, and medical malpractice cases and works closely with attorneys and senior management to support Intake goals. This person also works with the Marketing and Business Development Manager to track, analyze, and report call data and specific online client acquisition efforts.
Qualified candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree and have the ability to connect with potential clients of varying backgrounds and circumstances. Preference is given to those with customer service or call center experience.
The successful professional will possess the ability to lead by example in their commitment to client service; high levels of judgment, discretion, attention to detail, responsiveness, and initiative; the ability to deal effectively with differing opinions and diverse personalities; and a collaborative work ethic and flexibility in order to manage a busy workload.
- Daily interaction with potential clients via telephone and website inquires, and occasional direct walk-ins; assist them in navigating the first step of their personal injury claim.
- Collect and accurately summarize relevant case-related information using the firm’s intake and lead tracking software/database while positively engaging the potential client.
- Review incoming leads for potential conflict of interest according to firm policy and refer cases out as needed.
- Identify potential issues and escalate as needed.
- Timely follow-up with potential clients to increase conversion rate.
- Maintain daily/monthly/yearly reports to identify call results and trends and work with senior management on other administrative tasks
- Special projects as needed.
- Outstanding customer service and ability to communicate with empathy in challenging or crisis situations to ensure a positive interaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with potential clients of various backgrounds and circumstances and with those who may have experienced catastrophic injuries and/or devastating loss.
- Technically savvy with excellent analytical and reasoning skills, understand how data interrelates, and be able to follow logical progression of process.
- Strong critical thinking skills to evaluate conflict scenarios or outcomes.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills; strong writing capabilities.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects efficiently, and adapt to changing workloads and priorities.
- Proficient in data entry and Microsoft Office; ability to learn new software technologies.
- High level of professionalism, judgment, discretion, responsiveness, and initiative.