Berman & Simmons, a busy litigation law firm in Lewiston, has an immediate opening for an Accounting Specialist to support the Accounting team. Reporting the Controller, the ideal candidate will be responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable and other duties as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable
- Check math, enter data for check requests and process checks daily/weekly
- Check math on all settlement requests, have attorney approve, process and mail checks
- Pay and reconcile Amex/BMC credit card purchases
- Accounts Receivable
- Enter and process deposits via online banking portal
- Process write-offs
- Review A/R for attorneys and report amounts due to Controller
- Other Duties
- Close cases
- Assist with incoming overflow calls
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using QuickBooks Online is preferred; Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs and reports.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
If you would like to join our team and be associated with a firm that is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, please submit your resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Manager or fill out the form below:
Human Resources Manager
Berman & Simmons, P.A.
129 Lisbon Street
Lewiston, ME 04240