James E. O'Connell, III
Portland, Bangor, Lewiston - Maine
Tufts University, B.A., 1992
Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 1997
- Maine State Bar Association
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Civil Liberties Union of Maine
- One of ten lawyers in Maine recognized by Benchmark, the Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys as a “Future Star”
All Maine Courts
United States District Court, Districts of Maine and Massachusetts
United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
Jim is a Partner in the law firm. He represents Mainers who have been harmed by negligent conduct, professional malpractice, defective products or business torts. Jim maximizes and moves cases with reasoned aggression and sound judgment. He and his invaluable staff serve our clients with compassion and advocate for their interests tenaciously. Jim has successfully negotiated hundreds of settlements, but he has become known as a leading trial lawyer by winning numerous jury verdicts throughout Maine.
Jim is a graduate of Tufts University and Northeastern University School of Law. Before joining Berman & Simmons, he litigated and tried complex civil and criminal matters at a major Boston law firm and as an Assistant Attorney General.
Jim is a member of the Maine State Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the Maine Trial Lawyers Association and the Maine Civil Liberties Union. He lives in North Yarmouth with his wife and son. In his spare time, Jim enjoys playing and coaching sports and serves on the Board of Directors for the Casco Bay Hockey Association.
Read Articles by James E. O'Connell III:
- Decaying Trees: Hazards Overhead
- Overcoming Bias Against Injured Motorcyclists
- Have No Fear...Of Attachments
Contact this attorney by telephone
(Mon - Fri, 7:30 am - 5 pm):
1-800-244-3576 or 207-784-3576