James E. O'Connell, III
Portland, Bangor, Lewiston - Maine
Tufts University, B.A., 1992
Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 1997
- Treasurer, Litigation Section, Maine State Bar Association
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Civil Liberties Union of Maine
- Recognized by Benchmark, the Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys as a "Litigation Star
All Maine Courts
United States District Court, Districts of Maine and Massachusetts
United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
Jim is a Partner in the law firm. He represents Mainers who have been seriously harmed by negligent conduct, professional malpractice, defective products or business torts. Jim moves and maximizes cases with sound judgment and reasoned aggression. He and his invaluable staff serve our clients with compassion and advocate for their interests tenaciously. Jim has successfully negotiated hundreds of settlements and become known as a leading trial lawyer by winning numerous jury trial verdicts throughout Maine.
Jim is a graduate of Tufts University and Northeastern University School of Law. Before joining Berman & Simmons in 2007, he litigated and tried complex civil and criminal matters at a major Boston law firm and as an Assistant Attorney General in the Public Corruption Division of the Criminal Bureau.
Jim serves as the Treasurer of the Litigation Section of the Maine State Bar Association and is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Maine Trial Lawyers Association and the Maine Civil Liberties Union. He lives in Cumberland with his wife and son and enjoys a variety of sporting activities.
Read Articles by James E. O'Connell III:
- Decaying Trees: Hazards Overhead
- Overcoming Bias Against Injured Motorcyclists
- Have No Fear...Of Attachments
Contact this attorney by telephone
(Mon - Fri, 7:30 am - 5 pm):
1-800-244-3576 or 207-784-3576